rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My anti-theft system is not allowing to start my car. I

Customer Question

My anti-theft system is not allowing to start my car. I followed the steps in the manual
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: The battery is a year old. The engine does not turn over. The anti-theft system light keeps blinking
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2006 Lincoln zephyr
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just followed the steps in the manual. It said see authorize dealer if the anti theft system light doesn't glow
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: My front driver side door latch does not allow me to open the car from the inside
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

Here are the steps you need to follow. See attachment.

Thanks, Ron