Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech

I have a 93 ford festiva that stalls out every time I put it

Customer Question

I have a 93 ford festiva that stalls out every time I put it into drive but with go backwards. How can I fix this?
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: It stalls when I put in drive and try to go forward. The check engine light comes on when the cars dies and so does the oil light and the battery light.
JA: What year is your Festiva?
Customer: 93
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I'm hoping to fix myself. And I haven't tried anything. Yesterday it wouldn't start at all but today it just started out of nowhere.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's all I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 3 months ago.

Hi , so it works just perfect in reverse , it just dies anyway you try it in drive......even holding the brake & giving it more gas

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yep. But funny thing is it started just fine and I drove it around the block.

now , that's not at all what I was thinking.....thought you had a transmissions T.c.c. SOLENOID issue......but that would not stop the engine in any gear but must have a engine service code......which you could take it to a parts store & they can pull the code for Free....except NAPA AutoParts

if will not start listen at the rear of the car to see if the fuel pump is making the buzzing noise