Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My 2005 f350 starts and idles great even when cold runs

Customer Question

Hello so my 2005 f350 starts and idles great even when cold runs great under light throttle but when I ease into it it starts to miss bad until it reaches normal operating temp then it clears up it will occasionally do it for a little while even after war today it started missing so I shifted it into neutral while still rolling gave it some throttle a little white smoke puffed out I put it back in drive and it took right off ?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you been losing oil or coolant?
Customer: 70,000
JA: What is the model of your '05 Ford?
Customer: Lariat
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I changed to rotela 5w 40 put rev-x in it 1000 miles ago seemed to help but is running the same now yes I will be fixing my self
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It's got the head studs in it I have cleaned and tested egr no codes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Has the check engine light came on or flashed through this issue?

What tools do you have available to you to diagnose this?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out. We have 7 days to get a post rated or it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help with this possible injector concern.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris