Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

I have a Ford F-150 I replaced the break system front and

Customer Question

I have a Ford F-150 I replaced the break system front and back. I have new rotors pads and calipers on the truck and did all 4 at the same time. Now my breaks are thight and it's causing a problem when I'm turning. I need to turn wide not like I normally would
JA: How old are the brakes? How many miles on the car?
Customer: The breaks are now brand new and it has 179000 miles on it
JA: What is the model of your '177000 Ford?
Customer: 2003 F 150 XL
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried much so far. After bleeding the breaks and setting everything up I took it for a little short test drive. It's breaking fine so the breaks itself are working fine. However when I'm driving and take the foot of the gas the car slows down really fast by itself and its causing the front breaks to heat up really fast. I'm planing on fixing this myself I just don't understand why it's doing what it's doing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It has a hard time turning. Not because the power steering is out or anything it just doesn't turn right. It feels like it can't turn properly because the breaks are keeping the tire from spinning at the angle they should doing a turn
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Recheck your brake pads to make sure they are correct and not binding or getting wedged. Try bleeding the calipers on the front. Retest, if they remain locked then loosen the brake bleeders to see if the calipers retract, if not then the calipers are bad. If they do retract then the master cylinder is bad.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris