Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Have been working on Ford GM and Chrysler for 15+ years and ASE master certified.
27644750

I have a service engine light on for 2002 Ford F150 reading

Customer Question

I have a service engine light on for 2002 Ford F150 reading PO171
when googled they a making it that a non-mechanic can easily fix, true?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.

ok a p0171 fault code can be easy to fix at times. what engine do you have in your truck?

Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.

most times it is a failed pcv hose in the back of the engine near the throttle body. do you know much about cars and how they work?

Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.

here is a video that is most likely your exact problem, let me know if this helps,. Lou P.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UL6yST1aUY

i will be here to help if you need more help. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, i noticed you did see my info, was it helpful? please let me know if you need more info, thanks!