Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

2007 Expedition Accidentally ran battery down, left fan on

Customer Question

2007 Expedition
Accidentally ran battery down, left fan on at drive-in, ever since I did this, my compass is stuck on SW. Will not allow me to cal it.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Sometimes a reset will work. One evening disconnect the negative battery cable then reconnect it in the morning then try to calibrate once again. If that fails, then the power surge during the battery dying caused this module to fail. The compass module is behind the interior rear view mirror.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris