James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

I have a 2000 f350 crew cab 7.3 diesel. A few days ago

Customer Question

I have a 2000 f350 crew cab 7.3 diesel. A few days ago returned from a camping trip pulling a camper. There has been no electrical issues in the past or during this trip. I backed into my yard and parked the camper and shut the engine down. I rolled all four windows down while I unloaded because it was hot. About an hour later I went to roll the windows up and discovered they would not work and neither would my interior light. To my knowledge that is the only thing not working. No obvious problems with fuses. I have no power going to my window switch or dome light. I am stumped!
Any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 3 months ago.
Hello, are you testing the black/ light blue wire at the window switch?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will double check but while testing I tested all wires. None of of the wires leading to any of the window switches were hot. Ignition Switch both on and off. The wire going to my locks was hot. Based on that I assumed no power to the power windows.
Expert:  James replied 3 months ago.

Sorry for the delay. The light blue and black wire correction should have 12vwhen the key is in the on position. If you manually turn on the dome lights do they work?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No power at all with wires blue or black. The dome light does not come on with door or manually including the map lights.
Expert:  James replied 3 months ago.

Is fuse 14 inside the vehicle good?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Fuse 14 according to the diagram I have is good. I went ahead and pulled the other fuses again. I did find one I had apparently missed before. A 10 amp in the upper left side of the under dash fuse box. Regardless this resolved my issue. Do you have access or provide me with some way I can gain access to both fuse boxes and a wiring schematic for a 2000 f350 SD 7.3 diesel. F250 may be the same. Thanks.
Expert:  James replied 3 months ago.

They are the same. Fuse 4 is what is shows for interior lamps, glove box and accessory delay which would be power windows.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, I guessed I missed that one earlier. I thought I had pulled them all.
My earlier question about where I can get schematics if you could help provide that info would be greatly appreciated.
Expert:  James replied 3 months ago.

I jt want to clarify. I can get you the fuse panel diagrams if you would like. Getting the entire wire diagram is something I won't be able to do?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok I didn't know if there was some place on the internet I could order a cd or something with vehicle information on it. Thanks
Expert:  James replied 3 months ago.

The best place is Ebay. There you can get factory manuals much cheaper than anywhere else.