Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

I have a 2000 Ford F-250 7.3 4x4 and I am getting the codes

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2000 Ford F-250 7.3 4x4 and I am getting the codes p0720 and p0503. The overdrive light starts flashing when I come to a stop and truck trying to stall. What could it be?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Sounds like you have a bad output speed sensor. A scan tool that can read live data on the transmission would verify this. Replace the output speed sensor and your problem should go away.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have already replace that and nothing changed
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

You need a scan tool to see live data of the trans, then you can see output speed in real time. That would rule out the wiring harness. You could also have a mechanical problem in the trans itself.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Scanned it and everything checked out with the sensor
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

You have an intermittent problem in the wiring harness.