Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

2006 Ford Fusion won't crank move column in and out up and

Customer Question

2006 Ford Fusion won't crank move column in and out up and down turning steering left and right all while trying to crank with key finally cranks and starts I suspect something in the column is loose connection but what
Category: Ford
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 5 months ago.

you need to check the wiring to the ignition switch it seems like a bad connection to it

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Really isn't that what I mentioned but what is there a component or connector in the column that fails don't tell me after five years at a ford dealer you haven't seen this
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Have ever been into the steering column on this make and model I wouldn't think the harnes would flex in and out up down left or right also why can't I depress the brake and.turn the key then put the vehicle in neutral
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

when this is happening, do you get the theft light flashing? I'm wondering if the ring in the lock cylinder is shorting out and that is why you are getting the no start. They go out quite often and when the ring is replaced with the keys reprogrammed, that typically solves the issue you are having.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the ignition switch is not fused? If it were shorting it burn a fuse correct I know she is driving the car with the cover off that way if it acts up all she does is wiggle the wires a it starts boy how cars and how they made has digressed over time compared to the price totally embarrassed 97 Camry next to it over 300 k miles never fails to start
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

It's fused, but also module controlled. The module has built in protections and will cut the power if it can't read the key on the sensor. That ring has such low voltage it won't pass enough amps to burn the fuse.

I suggest having the ring checked to see if it is shorting out and the key isn't reading.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It has a new switch replaced last week so the ring you speak of is not a part of the switch
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

No. It is a separate part. It is part of the PATS system.