EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I have a 2005 F150 and I removed the blend door actuator and

Customer Question

I have a 2005 F150 and I removed the blend door actuator and turned on the ignition to check it and have misaligned it. Is there a way to recalibrate where it should be? Thanks!
JA: How many miles on the car? How is the battery running?
Customer: 125,000 Good, just replaced last year
JA: What is the model of your '05 Ford?
Customer: 2005 extended cab
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I removed the blend door actuator and reinstalled it. In the winter the heat isn't extremely hot and the ac isn't cooling well.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I flushed the heater core in February and it helped alot with the heat. We had a new compressor and condenser installed last June. It isn't heating or cooling well, I thought the actuator might be the problem.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 5 months ago.

Hi. As you now know you are not supposed to turn the actuator with it out of the heater box. If you can get the actuator to stop in a place where it will fit into the door, then you can just cycle the ignition when it is installed and it will recalibrate itself. But generally the actuator needs to be replaced after doing what you did because it will not want to line up with the door.

Thanks for viewing my response. Do you have more questions on this? Did you get your temp working correctly? Please let me know, thanks.