Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

I have a 2000 mustang and I purchased innova 3130e scan and

Customer Question

I have a 2000 mustang and I purchased innova 3130e scan and fix tool shod a misfire 5th cylinder, replaced and the code reader showing communication error no DTC OR FREEZE frame data, how to reset generic codes
JA: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?
Customer: Yes, replaced number 4 & 7 two days ago, purchased my own scanner, now the batheory light, ABS light and overflow coolant tank light still, purchased a new innova 3150e reader but now scanner showing no DTC OR FREEZE data showing, any ideal to to get the generic code data back
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have cleared service engine light, just trying to continue scanning
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: X would like to know how to reset car computer without taking to the shop
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Having a hard time trying to figure out what your asking. Can you go into more detail beginning to end?

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help, a possible battery disconnect can rest the system.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris