Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

2002 ford f350 diesel air conditioning compresser want

Customer Question

2002 ford f350 diesel air conditioning compresser want engage fuse looks good , and i replaced the a/c compresser clutch relay. still want engage
JA: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?
Customer: about 100,000 miles worked good last year but want wook now
JA: What is the model of your '02 Ford?
Customer: ford f350 diesel 2002 model
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes checked the a/c fuse looks good replaced the a.c clutch relay
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the truck has 400.000 miles since new the a.c clutch was replaced about 100.000 miles ago. no other issues
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 3 months ago.

Hello, is the ac system full of freon? Do you have power to the low pressure switch or the compressor clutch?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 3 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 3 months ago.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Your last expert has opted out. I see you looked at this, but haven;t responded since.

You replaced the clutch relay, but didn't specify as to why. Was the clutch burned out? Do you have power going to the clutch? If not, I would put manifold gauges on the vehicle and see what the pressures are in the system. The A/C system is 2 different systems that work together. I would rule the pressures out first so you will then know it is the electrical side acting up. I rule it out first each time since low pressure is the cause of a lot of issues on these systems and it is a simple 10 minute check where the electrical can take several hours to locate.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!