Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Took my truck to get oil and fuel filter change and now it

Customer Question

Took my truck to get oil and fuel filter change and now it won't start. It is sitting in their bay. It tries to grab, but won't start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Brand new batteries and when they tune the key to start it, it won't "grab"
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2009 f250 king ranch 4x4 diesel
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since it happened in their bay, I expec them jiffy lune to fix it. It sounds like it is flooded or no diesel is being taken in. I heard them say there is a wrench icon on the console.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of. I just want it be knowledgable when they explain.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 5 months ago.

it sounds like your fuel system did not seal correctly after the changed the filter more them likely resulting in the truck flooding was the light on before you took it in