Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

I am rebuilding the stock turbo. When I removed the turbo I

Customer Question

I am rebuilding the stock turbo. When I removed the turbo I broke the sensor that is mounted on the front of the pedestal, and I don't know what it
.
JA: Which sensor are you asking about? O2? MAP? Did any codes pop up?
Customer: No code being I broke the plastic connector when I removed the turbo. It is the only sensor on the front of the turbo pedestal
.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2000 f250 7.3
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes fix it my self. I just need the name of the sensor.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

If you are referring to the solenoid shown in the picture at the link below (only component attached to front of pedestal) then that's the exhaust back pressure solenoid.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/20lm7uio2p80vil/EBP.pdf?dl=0

If you need further assistance please feel free to reply and we can continue. Otherwise please take a moment to rate my answer as you see fit. After rating, the thread is still available should you need further assistance. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Thanks,

Kenny Z

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again,

Thanks,

Kenny Z

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you answered the question. Thank you. If you don't mind one more question. I am a marine mechanic and from what I know the very concept of this BPCV is a bad idea. Would it through codes if deleted?
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 9 months ago.

Yes it would, if the solenoid were deleted it would set codes P0470, P0471,P0472.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 9 months ago.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again,

I was reviewing some of my older questions and noticed I was never compensated for this question because it was not rated. If it was your intention to not rate me and use my services free of charge then I will accept that as a free service I provided and move on.

Thanks,

Kenny Z