Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

All 3 break lights are out. Bulbs, fuses, switch, turn

Customer Question

All 3 break lights are out. Bulbs, fuses, switch, turn signal all work fine. Even tested the wires and couldn't find any broken ones
JA: Have you checked the fuse? Have you checked for bad bulbs?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 03 mustang
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: 03
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Me and my dad. We fixed cruise control switch, replaced turn signal switch, replaced fuses and the stop light switch, checked the bulbs even tested the grounding and it's still not working
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Under the dash are fuses 35 and 41 powered when the brake is applied?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
already checked those
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I replaced the fuses, the stop light switch, checked the wires, replaced the cruise control switch and the turn signal switch still no break lights

Auto or manual transmission?

At the multifunction switch is there power on the dark green wire while braking?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's manual

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I believe so but I'll check again one sec

Okay.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is it solid green?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If it's the solid dark green there is no power when I hit the break while using the test light
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

It is solid dark green. Finish up the diag using the 3 links below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/brakediag.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/brakediag1.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/brakediag12.png

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Still not sure if that wire is broken at the malfunction switch or all the way to the taillight

Based on your test it is. There is not a brake wire from the brake switch to the rear lower lamps. The lower lamps are powered from a brake signal sent to the multifunction switch.

Are you needing more help on this concern?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris