Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

How are you? I have a ford focus 2006 with the 2.0l Duratec

Customer Question

Hi pearl, how are you? I have a ford focus 2006 with the 2.0l Duratec engine. My question is where is the pcv valve located. I have watch on u tube that on 2.3 l you have to take the intake manifold off to get at it. I hoping that is not the case on the 2.0l duratec.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?
Customer: 164,104 at I believe the pcv valve was change at a ford dealer on there 36,000 complete tune up. I think the car was about 3 years old at that time. I haven't noticed and leaks that I can hear. At idle the car rpm vary up and down when in park mode
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I purchased the pcv valve at a auto parts dealer and saw u tube that it was located under intake manifold. After that I returned the part. It's not that I can't to repair it. It just looked very difficult to fix and has so many steps to do. I 'am a shade tree mechanic.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no there isn't I am the mechanic I just observed the idle fluctuating up and down when stop at stop light or in park. I also have found on the computer that ford had a hidden recall on the rear driver side door lock which will not lock and I have learned that it was caused buy water damage to the actuator.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** is a picture with replacement instructions, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pfg0wsft4zr8mt/pcv.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Dan thanks for the schematic what is the procedure to remove the intake manifold. Can you give me a diagram and instructions on how to remove including where nuts, bolts and wires that need to be removed. Thank you. Sincerely, Alan
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Here are instructions for intake, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vfa2x8vmhcrfj36/intakerr.pdf?dl=0