HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

My passenger automatic window stopped working. Sporadically

Customer Question

My passenger automatic window stopped working. Sporadically it would go down then would not come back up unless I got lucky. There was no rhym or reason why it would work. Finally it just stopped. I have replaced both master and passenger door switches. Did not fix the problem. I even replaced the window regulator. It is still not working. Help!!!!! (It's a 2006 Ford F-150 extended cab)
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I tried replacing the switches and the window regulator
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: All the other Windows work just fine. It's just the front passenger door/window that is giving me problems.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, did the new regulator come with a new window motor? Is there an aftermarket alarm installed in the vehicle? It wont go up or down with all these new parts?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The new regulator does have a new motor. No aftermarket alarm has been installed.
Correct it will just no longer move.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Do you have power and ground to the new motor using either the drivers master switch or passenger side switch? If you jump the motor will it work?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
38; not sure how to jump the motor ???
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Its two terminals in the motor. Apply power to one wire and ground to the other, f you reverse the jumper leads it will move opposite, one way up, one way down.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

If you have power and ground at the motor it should move, the switch reverses polarity of the power and ground to make motor move up and down

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?