Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

I have a Ford Edge with capless gas filling. I just tried to

Customer Question

I have a Ford Edge with capless gas filling. I just tried to get gas but there is a metal sleeve that won't let me put the gas nozzle in the tank. Any ideas on what I can do about this?
JA: How has your mileage been lately? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: Yes
JA: What year is your Edge?
Customer: 2013
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm on the road from Florida to Texas. It just happened when I tried to fill up. I tried to use my finger to try to open the metal sleeve blocking the fill up but had no success.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No. Like I said it just started doing this. I filled up with has earlier today without a problem. Just had my oil xchanfgesd uyestersday at my local Forsd dealer and they doid an onection without fondling any problems.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Here is a TSB for this concern.

Did you try another fuel nozzle or did you try the funnel, this will tell us if the cap less system is to blame or not.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris