Enes, Volvo Technician

The Ford Dealership replaced an ignition coil, did a tuneup

Customer Question

The Ford Dealership replaced an ignition coil, did a tuneup and an induction flush on Monday. On Wednesday night, my brakes went out. They are telling me that I need a brake booster and that nothing they did caused this problem. I didn't have brake issues prior to this.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?
Customer: 63000. I've had my brake pads changed within the last 6 months.
JA: What is the model of your '61000 Ford?
Customer: 2012 Expedition
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Right now it's at the dealership, but they want over $500 to do the repair. I just paid them $1000 for the other stuff and I don't have the money
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: So, myself, or rather my brother.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Enes replied 3 months ago.

brake booster if is bad has nothing to do with brake pads or disc they go bad so to say random for no real good reason or any warning sensor fails inside and is part of brake booster you have to do that repair and $500 sounds ok if is parts and labor

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How hard is it to replace at home?
Expert:  Enes replied 3 months ago.

brake booster is high skilled job not for everyone to do i would say is medium hard to change it takes 2-3 hours to do it