Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2003 Windstar. It won't crank or start. There is

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Windstar. It won't crank or start. There is power to the starter when key in "on" position, but no power when key turned to "start." I tried the key with the transponder chip but same results. Pressed the reset button under dash. Button got hot but still would not start. All of the rest of the electronics work.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Tried starting in both positions. No go. No wheel lock feature.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have tried so far. Assumed the next step would be to check the fuses and relay under the hood. After that, not sure how to proceed.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: When I arrived at the spot where the car is located, the car was running, but I was using the spare key not the one with the transponder chip. I turned off the engine and have been unable to get it started since. The battery is brand new and the alternator is working.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 5 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

do you have a volt meter to do some checks???

Roy