Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

2005,f250 v10 mal 5speed won't crank power to starter jump

Customer Question

2005,f250 v10 mal 5speed won't crank power to starter jump across will start not with key
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: No battery has 13v
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked power,fuses 13v to starter jump across starter it starts
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Had a dump trailer hooked up raised the elec over hyd jack truck died now nothing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

This looks to be a issue with the signals to the starter relay. Here is your starting circuit diagram.

Remove the start relay. is pin 30 always powered, does fuse 31 have power when trying to start, does relay pin 86 have power with the key held i nthe start position?

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I got it fixed . Thank you

Glad its now working.

Hello again,

I am checking in with you to see if you were pleased with my help on this concern.