A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance

2004 Ford Excursion, rear auxiliary ac not cold

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Front AC works great?

Rear air you can change the temp and the blower speeds work, you just can not get super cold air?

Have you done any diag or repairs yet?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This vehicle is a stretch limousine, but the rear ac I'am speaking of is the factory one. This is what has been done. pulled out all Freon and recharged to exact charge. NO CHANGE, Changed out the rear ac expansion block no change, just FYI being a limo its has separate middle system in the rear which is cold, only one compressor on vehicle. line under vehicle are cold to rear center ac but go hot going to rear factory ac. Front drivers AC is ice cold
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
to your response, I've even over rode it from drivers controls up front

After reviewing your past question history, I do not feel like I will be able to provide an answer you would compensate me for. I am going to opt out and let another help.

Best of luck.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks anyway.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 3 months ago.

Does the rear AC only blow hot or can you change the temperature slightly?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Only blows out the recuirculate air, so I would say warm air with no change, never adjusted temp control up to heat to see if it turns hot as of yet.

Does the air only come out the floor vents or does it come out the headliner vents? Also see if you can change the temperature in the rear if any?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No it comes out the overhead and will switch to floor on demand, temp however won't respond to either control, itso all just recuirculate air.
Center ac on same line feeding rear is cold

There is an electrical temperature blend door motor mounted in the rear the controls the air flow either over the heater core for heat or the evaporator for cold air. You will have to replace the temperature blend door motor to fix the problem. It is located in the right hand rear of the vehicle. You will have to pull the inide right rear trim panel to access the actuator to replace it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did that last year. I hear you. But when I feel the lines under the vehicle, the following is the result. Heater lines cold, both
AC lines both not hot or cold just outside average tsmp

Does the center AC have an evaporator and heater core also?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
tomorrow, I'am going to remove seat and expose the center system and track to what point line turns warm

See if there is an expansion valve, inline drier or a fixed orifice tube in line.