Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Pickup stays cranking without turning the key but won't

Customer Question

pickup stays cranking without turning the key but won't fire
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: park, not sure
JA: What year is your Pickup?
Customer: 2010 f150, fuel pump relay/fuse is good
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: cycling power. need to fix asap, i travel for work and am stuck right at the moment. looking for things to look at
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: trailer lights weren't working last night so I was tracing wires. fueled up yesterday and the guage didn't say full until a little while after i ran. drove fine last night. when you turn the key and try to crank, the pickup will stay cranking without me manually doing it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 3 months ago.

Hello, do you have a way to test for codes? If you put the throttle to the floor and try to start the vehicle will it start?