James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

I have a 2011 ford edge and the abs/traction control module

Customer Question

I have a 2011 ford edge and the abs/traction control module has been replaced again and there is no connection so they cannot fix it . this is the second dealer and the 3rd time it has been in. it is not reading anything for them to reprogram
JA: Have you checked the fluids? Have the brakes been shaking or squeaking?
Customer: it is still in the shop and they have reached out online to ford but no answer yet
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: are you still there
JA: No. I'm the Ford Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: is he available
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I do not know the codes it brought up but they have had it 3 days at broadway ford in green bay and no luck?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 3 months ago.

Hello, It sounds like it isn't the module that is the issue. It has a wiring issue that they are going to need to find. This is why the module won't communicate with the rest of the scan tool.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They knew that but cannot find it
Expert:  James replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry but it has to be on the vehicle somewhere. Electrical systems is one of those things not everyone can do. Alot of times people skip over pinpoint tests which are designed to help isolate these issues for them. If they can't find which wire is the problem it sounds like they are just throwing parts at your vehicle and not properly diagnosing.