Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Keep blowing fuses when I try to start my vehicle after

Customer Question

keep blowing fuses when I try to start my vehicle after replacing fuel pump, it is either f1.18 or f1.2, please help my truck has been down three days and I work out of my truck
JA: Have you had any recent electrical work done on the car? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: Had a fuel pump replaced when my truck stopped on Monday evening while in traffic
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: ford f150 2002
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, it is at a mechanic shop however he can't find the problem so I am trying research
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: that is all I can tell you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 8 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So it sounds like he either pinched some wires putting the tank back in or the fuel pump is bad. But it would help to know exactly which fuse it is and which motor you have.
If you can post the motor size and a pic of the fuse box while pointing to the fuse it would help. Or look at the cover and see which number it is.Let me know and I'll continue to help.Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is fuse F1.18 and F1.2
Oh it's both?
Which motor do you have?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
4.6
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is a 4.6 engine Ford F150
Ok so is the vehicle running but it's blowing those fuses?
Cause 12 is for rear aux power point and 118 is for heated seats.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am waiting on a response
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Truck is not running
On a response from me? Or the mechanic?If from me, did my last question come thru about if the vehicle is running or not? Cause the fuses 12 & 118 have nothing to do with run ability.Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
F1.2 and F1.18
Ok, so my data doesn't list them that way. It doesn't show any F1.2 or F1.18 fuse. Actually I happen to have the PDF version of the owners manual for a 2002 f150 here and it doesn't list them that way either. Are you sure they are f1.2 & f1.18?
If so I'll opt out and let someone else try.Let me know.Thanks
Sonny
do you know the amperage of ea?
Is the f1.18 a maxi fuse?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That is what the diagram stated
Ok well I'll opt out and see if someone else can help. Maybe my diagrams are wrong.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

The other tech opted out, can I take a stab at this?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help with this electrical short.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris