Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2016 ford f 150, it has a 5.0, xl, it is a dog as

Customer Question

I have a 2016 ford f 150
JA: What is the model of your '16 Ford?
Customer: it has a 5.0
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: xl
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it is a dog as my old 2011 5.0 can run circles around this one
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, being so new, if it has some sort of performance issue It would be covered under warranty. Are there any aftermarket modifications done to it? Truck runs normal, no warning lights on? Have you compared it to another 2016 with the 5.0 engine with same trans,gear ratio?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Most likely there is a programming issue with the engine or transmission. Have you been back to the the dealer to get it checked out?

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I am not satisfied. I believe there is a governor or speed limiter and it is tied in with the PATS system.

So you no longer need help since you believe you have found the issue?