Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

2013 ford focus car shut off driving down the road has not

Customer Question

2013 ford focus car shut off driving down the road has not started since . i have spark and fuel to the fuel rail when the cars turning over acts like it wants to start but it does not
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: yes it does and brand new battery
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: verified fuel pump works in tank also made sure it had spark . cheaked fuses swapped relays tried a secondary ground on the motor .the secondary fuel pump could that cause a no start
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: are there any hidden relays or fuses also i reset the fuel shut by turning the key off and on 2 times
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 3 months ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the first thing I would do is check the fuel pressure to see if there is enough to start the engine

also, check the compression to be sure there is not a timing issue