Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

I'm back ( Rick)working on this 2000 ford ranger w/ 1998

Customer Question

ForCustomeronly...I'm back ( Rick)working on this 2000 ford ranger w/ 1998 5.0... Working on A/C and I replaced all the O rings and springs in the quick disconnects, I started putting in refrigerant and there was no pressure.... The system was bone dry, will it need more than one can?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

you need

Ford Part #Specification

R-134a RefrigerantYN-19 (R-134a)WSH-M17B19-A

for the truck you need

Capacity- 0.850 Kg equals 28 oz so 2 cans an a little bit to fill up complete a/c system for that truck

Ford A/C System Flushing SolventF4AZ-19579-A

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I purchased one of these 20 ounce cans AC Pro… Has the pressure hose attached and a gauge, I should get some level of pressure with the 20 ounces should I not?

yes you should , unless air in , system do u have a vacuum pump ,pull vacuum than shoot Freon

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I do. Not....
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm sure there is air in the system...I put it all together... Can I get the air out?

not with out a vacuum pump

if the system not taking it , try jumping the compressor at low pressure switch at the a/c drier and that should help it go in

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did that... I'll have the neighbor watch for leaks when I put it in... I'll try for tomorrow night...

ok good night

i m calling it a night myself