Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

1996 ford 7.3 4x4 f250 xlt, Truck would blow #9 fuse under

Customer Question

1996 ford 7.3 4x4 f250 xlt
JA: What is the model of your '96 Ford?
Customer: Truck would blow #9 fuse under hood randomly.I would change fuse,keep truck blows fuse when you try to start truck.truck will not start.thanks for any help......wayne......
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Do you know the fuse number?
Customer: Fuse#9 under hood
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Would like to fix my self....don't know where to start.....
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

We are going to start this diag by unplugging most of the things on this circuit and then see of the fuse still blows. This will tell us if its a component or a wire to blame. Here is the wire diagram.

Step one is to unplug the IP and transmission solenoid connector. Can you do that and try a new fuse.

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
MI unplugged the wireing at the transmission and plugged it back up,the truck will now start and run but the od light on the shifter blinks and transmission shifts hard. I installed a new at transmission in the truck about 15,000miles ago.thanks.....

A scan tool is needed to see which transmission trouble codes are stored.