HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

2013 f150 dash lights wont fully go of also p donsent light

Customer Question

2013 f150 dash lights wont fully go of also p donsent light up when shifter is in park
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tested the dashboard light bulbs?
Customer: if truck dosent see park light up in the cluster the cluster dosent power off
JA: What is the model of your '13 Ford?
Customer: 2013 f150 4x4 ecboost
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I removed shifter ass green wire in pin 3 apply grond dash light p light up the dash panel will power down with key removed I suspect shifter problem
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I removed shifter ass green wire in pin 3 apply grond dash light p light up the dash panel will power down with key removed I suspect shifter problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello have you installed an add on aftermarket rear view camera or trailer wiring kit?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
if you ground pin 3 green wire at shifter ass the park indicator light goes on and when the key is removed the dash will power fully down
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Ok I just wanted to make sure everything was stock and nothing was backfeeding the circuit. Can you post the 17 digit VIN number, id like to double check a few things on this circuit

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
wont see the truck until tommrow it seems like every indicator lights up but when u put in park p dosent light up it seems that the shifter isent apply ground to green wire
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is it possible that the shifter has a internal problem
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Yes it is, just want to see if any technical bulletins might apply to the build date of your truck.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.