Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a2008 F250 6.4 diesel. I am getting a check engine

Customer Question

I have a2008 F250 6.4 diesel. I am getting a check engine light and code for Fuel rail sensor. I have had it looked at and the mechanic says he thinks I need to replace my high pressure fuel pump. I am looking to find out what that cost should be. I have been told its expensive.
JA: Does the light stay on solid or does it flicker? Any noticeable performance problems lately?
Customer: Light stays on, it occasionally hesitates. I was told that the fuel rail sensor is reading above 5000 PSI
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I want to take it top a mechanic, this exceeds my capabilities!
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Vehicle has 160K miles. I have had situations where it will not start and I have to turn it over several times.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** is about a 12 hour job to replace and $700 for pump so you are looking at around $2000 total depending on where you go. Let me know if you have more questions or there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dan replied 12 months ago.

No problem, let me know if you end up running into more questions. Thanks again and have a great day!