Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Problem with 2002 ford 7.3 only idles

Customer Question

problem with 2002 ford 7.3 only idles
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** it act like you have a rpm limiter such as not wanting to go above 2000 rpm or not respond at all? Thanks.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I see you have requested another tech. One of the possible causes is a faulty accelerator pedal position sensor. Are you able to do any diagnostics?

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ford F250 7.3 engine will not do anyrthing but idle have change throttle peddle no help

Are there any trouble codes stored?

Does the overdrive cancel button work?

Is the instrument cluster working correct?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, are you working with Chris? I see you requested a phone call.

Are there any trouble codes stored?

Does the overdrive cancel button work?

I do not have enough information yet to see if this concern can be diagnosed on the phone. If it is a wiring issue then it would be best handled here.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris