James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 2005 ford escape hybrid with 75000 miles on it and

Customer Question

I have a 2005 ford escape hybrid with 75000 miles on it and the electrical hazard warning lamp has come on twice in the past week, one when i was driving in town and another while I was at a stop light. I looked up what it meant in the manual and it said that the light indicates a problem with the hybrid component
JA: How old is your battery? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: What bulbs?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was just wondering what this problem entails, how big of an issue is this
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The light went away after I turned the car off and then turned it back on again, the first time it happened was on thursday morning and the second time was this morning
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.

Hello,do you have a test for codes?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is that the computer thing that connects to the car? Because if so, then no I do not.
Expert:  James replied 5 months ago.

There are many things that can be the issue. My thought and what is common is the battery getting hot. The blend door that helps keep the high voltage battery cool is known to fail and can cause the battery to get a little hotter than normal. The easiest way is to have the vehicle tested for codes or it is a guessing game with hybrid vehicles.