Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

Have a 2009 f150 no reverse light or camera fuses seem fine

Customer Question

have a 2009 f150 no reverse light or camera fuses seem fine unless I'm missing smoething
Category: Ford
Expert:  Randall C replied 12 months ago.

Hello, 2 fuses are in play here. BOTH are in the under hood fuse box, F.43 and F.54. You need to swap both of them , not just look at etc, see what happens, If no go? then I have to lean to a selector switch on the trans as the problem ,I have included 2 links, one for fuse box, one showing mode switch, The fuse box picture may be a alittle hard to read, that is how it is on my end also

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Good morning this truck don't have the safety neutral switch at the trans like ur picture
Expert:  Randall C replied 11 months ago.

never asked, I assumed automatic trans. correct? if so? then you have the position switch on the drivers side of the trans, see this picture

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that switch is not there could it be a solenoid of some sort somewhere
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
talk to ford they told me it does not have a safety neutral switch, can you tell what activates the back up camera?

ok, this is all the information I have, It does have the position switch, so I am going to opt out and open the post to the other experts . One should be along soon to help

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

It does have a transmission range switch, its inside the transmission. The switch provides power and ground to the reverse lamp relay located in the underhood fuse box. Diagram of relay location at link below. Remove the relay, with the key on engine off and in reverse (apply park brake) pin 1 should have battery voltage and pin 2 should have ground. Let me know what you find.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ho1w752e21l3wz/bjb.pdf?dl=0

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Hello again,

If you need further assistance please feel free to reply and we can continue. Otherwise please take a moment to rate my answer as you see fit. After rating, the thread is still available should you need further assistance. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Thanks,

Kenny Z