Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

Where is the speed sensor on a 2011 ford flex? We just

Customer Question

Where is the speed sensor on a 2011 ford flex? We just repaired one that was wrecked in the front end and took it for a test drive last night. The speedometer and odometer won't move and it has trouble shifting.
JA: Which sensor are you asking about? O2? MAP? Did any codes pop up?
Customer: no codes. speed sensor.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: would like to fix myself. checked connections
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: vehicle was wrecked and sat for quite awhile main plug into front side of trans was damaged wires look ok
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

The instrument cluster receives vehicle speed data from the powertrain control module (PCM) over the HS can network. The PCM receives the vehicle speed data from the Output Shaft Speed (OSS) sensor. The OSS sensor is located internally in the transmission.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again,

If you need further assistance please feel free to reply and we can continue. Otherwise please take a moment to rate my answer as you see fit. After rating, the thread is still available should you need further assistance. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Thanks,

Kenny Z

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 5 months ago.

Is there a specific reason you keep viewing my responses without replying or rating?

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again,

I was reviewing some of my older questions and noticed I was never compensated for this question because it was not rated. If it was your intention to not rate me and use my services free of charge then I will accept that as a free service I provided and move on.

Thanks,

Kenny Z