Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Are you there?

Customer Question

Hello, are you there?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** is the question you have? Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ford F150 King Ranch, front passenger signal light (and signal light in rear view mirror) are not working. The rear signal light is fine.I have changed both bulbs, and replaced the flasher relay under the dash.The hazard lights all work, except for the front passenger side.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

It sounds like you have a wiring/connector problem. Check splice 247 and connector 159. Inspect the white/light blue wire. Here is a wiring diagram and location diagram of connector 159, splice is located near connector. This repair would probably cost around $200 at a shop that is familiar with electrical repairs. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pblhqvceze50a90/wda.pdf?dl=0

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pavo2mvyukqowau/c159.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just spent a few hours chasing down your suggestions.I found the white/blue wire where it went into connector 159 (on the firewall), and checked the wire, and still no voltage coming through the wire (with hazards on). The drivers side would "pulse" between 0 and 12V, but nothing on the white/blue wire going to the passenger side.So, I unplugged C159 and checked the female side of the plug on the firewall, and no power there either. I checked pin continuity all the way to the light bulb, and continuity was good.Must be something under the dash.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

The power for for front and rear signals all meet together at splice 247 so it sounds like splice is problem or wiring between splice and connector. Let me know how it goes or if you run into more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I never did see a splice.From the plug, I unwrapped about 14-16 inches, and the white/blue wire didn't have any splices.Where exactly is splice 247? W the flashers on, I grabbed and wiggled the harness and twisted it etc., and the passenger light never did even flicker.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Manual doesn't give a picture, it just says "Main harness, near T/O (take out) to inline C159F" So I'd assume the F means it is on the female side of connector.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Female side is mounted to the firewall.. so therefore the splice must be under the dash, right?
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

That would be correct, sorry about confusion. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Let me go spend some time under the dash, and I will get back w you.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Sounds good, I'll talk to you then. Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This has been one MAJOR PIA!! So I tore the dash apart, and had the fuse box out and found that power is coming out of the fuse into and into the c159. I am headed to the autoparts store one more time to get another signal relay. That's the ONLY thing that it can be. Do you happen to have a wiring diagram for the signal relay, and what each of the 5 plugs go to, and the ohm reading from plug to plug on the relay switch? This is driving me crazy.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Here is a wiring diagram of system. Resistance should be under 5 ohms on each circuit. Let me know if you run into questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1xwruurta00h2u/signals.pdf?dl=0