rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2005 ford five hundred. Won't start. The starter cranks,

Customer Question

2005 ford five hundred. Won't start. The starter cranks, fuel pump works. I pulled the coil off of one of the spark plugs, no spark. What is my problem?
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Could be a bad CRANK sensor or module. This can be confirmed by attaching a scan tool and lab scope to the computer and components.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do I confirm this with a scan tool?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

You check all the related PID's for ignition, which includes the CRANK sensor and the module.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just hooked up my scanner, the car has a code p0193 fuel rail pressure sensor a circuit high. 88psi in fuel rail. Could this cause the car not to start?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.
that's toouch pressure now. Check the fuel pressure regulator.
Thanks again,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How to check, where is it?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Could this 88psi pressure cause the car to not fire up?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.
Right at the end of the fuel rail.
Thanks
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.
Sorry for the delay.
That pressure is too high and you need to check the fuel pressure regulator.