Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2004 ford escape 2.0L, I notice the engine is not

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2004 ford escape 2.0L, I notice the engine is not revving over 4000 RPM . what maybe the issue plz?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 84294 miles . it is an automatic transmission.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well I have lately bought this vehicle, I am living in Guyana south America an it kind of difficult to find someone to fix it . so yes I have to try my self.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not so far
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** is a common symptom of a clogged catalytic converter. You can completely remove the front oxygen sensor from exhaust to se if that allows rpm to go further, if so you know the converter is clogged and needs to be replaced. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.