Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles

I just replaced the rear brakes on my 2004 Ford E350 van.

Customer Question

I just replaced the rear brakes on my 2004 Ford E350 van. After bleeding the brakes I still have a soft pedal that goes almost completely to the floor before the brakes engage. What am I not doing that I need to to get a firm pedal?
JA: Working brakes are essential. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with brake problems.
Customer: Can you tell me what I need to do to correct this issue?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, planning to fix myself. I have bled all brakes twice and still no different. Master cylinder was working fine prior to replacing rear brakes so pretty certain that it's not a bad master cylinder..
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Don't believe so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

If you have bleed correctly and no air all fluid and started from furthest point from brake master cylinder and worked your way to the cylinder and you have no leaks and you still have low brake pedal, that leaves you a weak brake master cylinder or a bad one that leaking internally

did the brake pedal issue was there before you did rear brake job ?

please let me know

Thank You ***** ( aka -Customer)

ASE Certified Tech

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No brakes worked fine before replacing rear brakes. Installed new rotors, calipers, and pads. Old pad were wore out so decide to replace everything.

ok how did you bleed , you got all fluid ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Did it once with a one person bleed kit/ bottle, and again with bottle and having wife depress pedal while opening bleed screw closing screw and repeating on each rear calipers.

and you made sure the reservoir did not get low while doing it u kept adding to it ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

it has to be the brake master cylinder is original to the van

Hope I was helpfull to you , Please let me know if you need anything else on it

A Positive Rating is Much Aprecciated

This Post Will Stay Open For You to Come Back and ask me any Follow up Questions you may have on this issue Even after you Rate Me.

Thank You ***** ( aka -Customer)