Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My speedometer, windows, wipers, ignition dinger, security

Customer Question

My speedometer, windows, wipers, ignition dinger, security dash light just quit working????
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: Yes. No.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2000 Ford Ranger
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes.
Looked at the fuses and read what's I could find on google.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: This happened at the same time. A previous problem was the blinkers only worked when the steering wheel was up, not in normal driving position.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 10 months ago.

Hi. Can you please check fuse 26 in the interior fuse panel? And please check with a test light with the key in the ON position. It is important to verify that there is power at the fuse. Not just a visual inspection of the fuse.