Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech

I need to find the proper belt length to bypass the ac

Customer Question

I need to find the proper belt length to bypass the ac compressor on a 2009 f150 with the 5.4
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: no need to, the clutch assembly is done
JA: What is the model of your '09 Ford?
Customer: it's an f150
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, I'm currently waiting on parts for a rebuild kit to come in but in the mean time I need to bypass it so I can have my vehicle working until then
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I rebuilt the clutch assembly after it failed initially and the rebuilt one has failed after two months. All motorcraft parts
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 3 months ago.

Hello , if anyone has it its napa AUTO PARTS

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've checked, none of them have a bypass belt. They need then length of the belt for the alternate routing path.

tats odd ive got plenty from my guy at napa....guess he was just that good.....try they have a # ***** call

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't understand why I've had such a problem finding the length of serpentine belt required to bypass an AC compressor via the alternative belt routing pattern. That is literally all I need at the moment so I can go to the auto store and say I need a 6 rib serpentine belt in XX length.That's literally all I'm asking for and despite hunting around on boards I've yet to find the belt length for the 5.4. I've found it for the 5.0 and the 4.6 but not the 5.4.

so you mean Gates did not have the belt, they re the largest belt maker in the world even my blower belts the best

that's all I know I'm sorry, I feel your pain....should be simple unless it cannot be done on your engine