HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I've been doing some research trying to find a solution to

Customer Question

Hey, I've been doing some research trying to find a solution to my 08 ford expedition front ac problem, but no luck. It was working perfectly fine in the winter here in Florida, but now that it's summer I've noticed the front ac working intermittently. It has auto controls, and when it's working, it works fine no matter which vent it's coming from, then other times nothing will come out of any vent in the front no matter which setting or temp its on. Seems like blower motor may be only turning on intermittently. I can be driving down the road, ac on, fan on high, nothing coming from vents in the front, then all the sudden it will turn itself on randomly and start blasting cold air. As soon as i turn the truck off, next time i turn it on, same thing. No air for a short while, if it even turns itself on. Any thoughts? Thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, can you post the 17 digit vin number, there might be a technical service bulletin that applies to this concern id like to verify

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1FMFU19588LA10249
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Ok This is the technical bulletin that sounds like goes along with your concern.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sounds like thats the problem, only issue is how do i find those wires and know that I'm cutting and spicing the correct ones to fix it?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Its the main groundbehid the right side kick panel below the glove box by the door. The kit will come with insturctions if ordered from ford.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i just need to go to Ford and place the order for this kit that includes the module and wiring and spice it into existing wires, then replug back into new module?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Thats correct, just print off the tsb or give them the part number, that repair is specific for your vehicle.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your input. I did some further research on my own and found thats there's actually a new part # ***** replaces the old module one and no longer requires the additional wiring harness. I'll give that a try.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Very good, if you need more help, let me know, if I was helpful, please leave a positive rating

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?