Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2002 E150 conversion van with ford system 3/4 security

Customer Question

2002 E150 conversion van with ford system 3/4 security system. Blew dime light fuse replaced fuse, alarm goes off. must press override button to start. Door locks do not work with door or pod. Alarm seems to be armed at all times until dome light fuse blows. There is a TRW electronic control box located behind drivers seat in in-between the outer wall and inner panel. When I press the pod or door lock button I here a click coming from this unit, I have never heard prior to this. I believe this is control for the security system and is bad. Help
JA: Have you had any recent electrical work done on the car? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: Ford dealer did the recall for the fusible link on cruise control 2 months ago. The system worked. I did notice the lights had quit flashing when arming/re-arming the alarm about 6 months ago
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Worked on it this morning, Fuse blows on dome lights which are connected to the security system when u unlock doors with the pod. I have changed the fuse and it continues to blow. You lose the door after replacing the fuse system arms in about a minute without manual arming by pod or door button. You open the door and the alarm goes off and will not turn off with pod or door button. You must press override button to turn off alarm and start vehicle. If the fuse is not replaced you can start the vehicle so long you don't press the un arm or arm button on pod/door
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Battery is fully charged, I would like to repair myself.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is an after market alarm that was installed on your model here it may be that the after market system is not compatible or has a fault with the way it is connected to your model.I would have this checked to see if it needs removed completely and the vehicle wired back to factory or if it needs replaced at all.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is a factory installed security system