Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

I HAVE 2008 E-450, MY ELECTRIC MIRRORS STOPPED WORKING.

Customer Question

JA: What is the model of your '08 Ford?
Customer: E-450 THAT HAS A WINNEBAGO OUTLOOK. I CALLED WINNEBAGO. DENIS
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I TESTED FUSE LOCATION 17, NO LUCK, CHECKED ALL OTHER 5 AMPS
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: YES CHECKED THE FUSE ACCORDING TO BOOK IT IS IN 17
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I THINK THE MANUAL MAY SHOW TH WRONG LOCATION DENIS
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

I also show fuse 17 in my factory diagrams. If there is power on both sides of that fuse then the next step is to pop out the mirror switch and check for power on the orange/light green wire. You can also hold the mirror switch in one of the positions and with the drivers door open move around the wiring convolute that runs between the body and the door and see if the mirror moves. I often see wires break in that area from flexing.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 8 months ago.