Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Y, 1986 Ford ranger. Would not start and when I put it on

Customer Question

Y
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1986 Ford ranger. Would not start and when I put it on charger with 200 amp boost and tried to start it all power clicked off. Checked battery and it is fine
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Battery is fine. No power to anything. Main fuse?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying to find fuse panel
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Thought it might have been solenoid. First attempts to start went click, click, click. Tried t jump hot lead from battery to solenoid and lost all power to everything. Everything worked just prior to this
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Are you looking for some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses? What size engine do you have?