Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I need a heating shield alternator, A heating shield that

Customer Question

I need a heating shield for my alternator
JA: HHave you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: A heating shield that goes behind an alternator
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No Ford motor has it but don't have that part
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 5 months ago.

Hello, what's the vehicle model and engine size? Is this a factory shield you're missing?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't remember
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I need that part asap
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Can I get the year, make, model of the vehicle and the engine that you have or the full VIN number? Withou this information, there isn't much that can be done with this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2005Ford FocusXL3
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

Are you referring to the plastic splash shield?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

You want Ford part number 10317. They are $34 plus tax.

CLICK HERE fore the Ford parts site to order one. You can have your local Ford get it in for you as well. They call it a splash shield, even though it is a heat shield.

I am attaching the diagram that has all the part numbers to assist you as well.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
that keeps the alternator form over heating I have a model number4S4Z10C392DA
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's called an Air duct
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

Part number 10C392A is the part number you are looking for. $27.70 plus tax.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the10C392A that's the part
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

The FordPArts.com ste has it and I'm not sure where you are, but your local dealer should be able to get one in from the outlying warehouse. I'm showing all have them except Puerto Rico. They are on a 3 day ship from Florida.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 months ago.