C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.
73583367

Map lights on 2003 Thunderbird will not turn off -

Customer Question

map lights on 2003 Thunderbird will not turn off - regardless of pushing the on/off button
JA: How old is your battery? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: the battery is 2 years old - the bulbs are working - they won't turn off
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: if it is something simple that I am not aware of - yes I would like to fix it myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not consistent - sometimes they will go off on their own. This just started to happen this week.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 5 months ago.

Good morning, this happens if the door is ajar, if the door ajar switch is not showing closed when the door is closed it will cause this. I would get some WD-40 and heavily spray the door switch. If you open the door look where the door closes it will push on a button that tells the vehicle the door is now closed. Get it heavily soaked in WD-40 and open and shut the door many times to work it in. If this does not do the trick than one of them may need to be replaced. The problem is without a handheld scanner it will be very hard to tell if it is closed. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks.