Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Trying to do the self test on my 2003 ford expeditions ac

Customer Question

Trying to do the self test on my 2003 ford expeditions ac with EATC. Pressed the correct buttons to initiate and the air flow meter just keeps scrolling up over and over for longer than 30 seconds...
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: Tried a recharge can and the meter showed the pressure is correct
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, changed the blend door actuator, tried a new control panel, ac is blowing cold and the strength changes when I push buttons to change it, but it only blows through the defrost vents.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Air barely comes out of the front vents in the dash
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Have you verified that you have proper vacuum at the new control panel on the black vacuum supply line?