Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

03 lincoln ls 3.9 burst top radiator hose, Hose replaced air

Customer Question

03 lincoln ls 3.9 burst top radiator hose
JA: Has the car been overheating? Have you noticed any leaks?
Customer: Hose replaced air bled.. now cooling fan won't run..replaced fan.. new fan won't leaks.. overheats.. but not if heater is on
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 03 lincoln ls 3.9
JA: What year is your Lincoln?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Dealer said egr valve..need advise / INFO
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Here is this circuits diagram

Can you verify the fan is getting power on red/yellow and green/yellow with the key on and ground on the black/yellow?

If those are good then its the wire to the PCM, or the PCM signal to blame. The PCM pulses a ground signal to operate the fan. Can you OHM test the white/black wire to the PCM to verify its not broken? Can you monitor the PCMs command to the fan and the reading on the CHT sensor using a scan tool to see if the PCM is the cause.

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris