Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

2011 explorer limited only blows heat on passenger side.

Customer Question

2011 explorer limited only blows heat on passenger side. Drivers sides A/C works correctly.
JA: HHave you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: Coolant level is correct
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed the Passenger Blend Door Actuator still same problem
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Problem is only on passenger side, and blows very hot.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The common cause for the type of problem you are describing is in most cases caused by a failing LH blend door actuator. The good news is The Left Hand temperature blend door actuator can be accessed from below the Left Hand side of the instrument panel with out having to remove the instrument panel. I have enclosed the location of it in the link below. Its the #6 in the diagram and in most cases replacing it will solve this problem. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the link.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We replaced the passenger side blend door Actuator, this did not solve the problem.
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

If you remove the actuator and close the door by hand do you then get cold air?

Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Ford has released a service bulletin that likely applies as well. See it in the link below.